Monday, March 15, 2010

I wish my life was more entertaining so i would have more things to post about. All in all, life is pretty good, Andrew and I are officially dating. but since im such a weird comittiment person, we are presently openly dating. My choice. but he wants to be exclusive. So basically, im openly dating, and hes waiting for me to be okay with just being with him. The thing is, im not dating anyone else. I just need to ease into things my way.

I'm finally on spring break. I wasnt even stressed out about school, till spring break hit and then it dawned on me that I have to go back for another two months before summer. At least the weather will be nicer.

So, I need to ask you a question. Would you be offended if you were invited to a bridal shower but were not invited to the actual wedding?
yeah, i know what youre thinking, its kind of tacky, but what if i threw in it was a small destination wedding? would that change your mind.

i was a little ticked that this happened to me, but i made my friend a gift and decided to go to the shower and just grin and bear it, till i was literally one of the only people who did not get an invite. i cant really ask her right?
I dont even know why i wasnt to be honest, she knew i could afford it. so i dont know. What is the right thing to do? My boss/friend tami told me to just ask her because its obviously bugging me. but i dont want to come off as someone who is begging to go or trying to invite herself or feels shes entitled to go. but why go through asking me to the bridal shower? it just makes me feel like she was using me to get a gift? but shes not like that. i dont know, its a tough situation.

but here are some pictures from the party and the gift i made her.

the gift i made

awesome bag. i hate all pinks but this pale shade

the most amazing pasta salad EVER.

the best cupcakes in the world, they are from a local store here called the cakery
they melt in your mouth! so good, i couldnt even handle it

Kelly reading my card. I wrote:
"Marriage is an institution in which a man loses is bachelors degree and the woman earns her masters. ha, but with all joking aside kelly, i wish you and eric a lifetime of happiness and an eternity of love."
yeah, i love those one liners =]


she started to cry. yeah, i made the bride cry.



All in all i had fun, i just felt a little left out for not being invited, she does however want me to come out this summer and spend some time with her. shes a great friend  but you could see  why my feelings were hurt.

All i know is she got like a mass majority of pyrex stuff at her shower and im so jealous! i love me some good bakeware!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh my gosh the collage ou made her is sooooo pretty, My feeling would be really hurt too :(
Hope you have a great week!
xoxo,
Lindsay

Catherine said...

Hmmm...I could understand if she was having a small family only wedding/destination wedding and then had a big shower to celebrate cause that way people could celebrate even though the wedding wasn't going to be there. But, for you to be one of the only people not invited, yea that would hurt my feelings too. Sorry this happened, maybe she thought you wouldn't want to have to spend the money to come, but she could have a least invited you, and given you the chance.

Maybe you should confront her? I'm a big believer that you should be honest with your friends. She might feel bad that she hurt your feelings, you never know what she was thinking at the time. If she's a true friend things will work out.

Congrats on dating by the way! :)

xoxo,
Cat

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here courtneytm.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Here is a fact for you. Recent Scientific Research presents that nearly 60% of all USA grownups are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.